Our €1,030,000 offer has now been agreed, and that has raised a question I did not expect: are my doubts about affordability or simply about making the first purchase real?
It is a 1-bed country home in Milan. The commute and monthly payment are the lasting concerns, while the dated interior can wait. We still need the usual checks, including repair needs and any service charges, but I also want to budget for moving without emptying the emergency fund or furnishing everything immediately.
What would make you pause at this stage rather than treat the anxiety as normal first-time-buyer nerves?
It is a 1-bed country home in Milan. The commute and monthly payment are the lasting concerns, while the dated interior can wait. We still need the usual checks, including repair needs and any service charges, but I also want to budget for moving without emptying the emergency fund or furnishing everything immediately.
What would make you pause at this stage rather than treat the anxiety as normal first-time-buyer nerves?