After months of searching, our offer of €331,200 on a 3-bed serviced apartment in Utrecht has been accepted. Instead of celebrating, I’m replaying every compromise: the commute, dated rooms and the monthly payment.
Nothing new has gone wrong, and the usual checks are still ahead. I’m trying to distinguish ordinary first-buyer panic from a sign that we have stretched too far. Once moving costs, service charges, insurance, furniture and the first mortgage payment are included, how much emergency fund would make you comfortable? If you walked away from a similar decision, what tipped it?
Nothing new has gone wrong, and the usual checks are still ahead. I’m trying to distinguish ordinary first-buyer panic from a sign that we have stretched too far. Once moving costs, service charges, insurance, furniture and the first mortgage payment are included, how much emergency fund would make you comfortable? If you walked away from a similar decision, what tipped it?