askTheSlate
Homeowner
I have three proposals for selling a London studio, and the fee difference is significant—but the service lists are not comparable. One includes photography and negotiation, while another charges separately for almost everything once the listing is live.
Before choosing, I’m trying to pin down the true total cost and who will actually do the work. I plan to ask whether the fee is calculated on the final sale price and includes VAT, exactly what the photography package covers, how buyers are qualified, who handles and communicates offers, and what support is provided if a chain or agreed sale starts to unravel. I also want a named contact, expected response times, recent results for similar studios, and disclosure of any referral fees or other conflicts.
For anyone who has compared agents for a similar London studio, which question revealed the biggest difference in value? Were there any extra charges or gaps in service that only became clear after you read the terms?
Before choosing, I’m trying to pin down the true total cost and who will actually do the work. I plan to ask whether the fee is calculated on the final sale price and includes VAT, exactly what the photography package covers, how buyers are qualified, who handles and communicates offers, and what support is provided if a chain or agreed sale starts to unravel. I also want a named contact, expected response times, recent results for similar studios, and disclosure of any referral fees or other conflicts.
For anyone who has compared agents for a similar London studio, which question revealed the biggest difference in value? Were there any extra charges or gaps in service that only became clear after you read the terms?