One reading of the January 2025 figures is that New York buyers have become choosier. Another is that I am comparing a small, seasonally affected set of asking prices with completed sales reported on a different timetable.
In my notes, well-presented properties are moving in around 65 days, while those needing work take longer. The difference between the asking and sold figures I can see is about 1.2%, but later reporting or revisions may alter that.
Could anyone following a specific neighbourhood share what recent closings and transaction volume show? Area, property type, listing and closing month, and renovation condition would help. I am trying to identify whether this pattern is genuinely local rather than infer too much from a citywide January snapshot.
In my notes, well-presented properties are moving in around 65 days, while those needing work take longer. The difference between the asking and sold figures I can see is about 1.2%, but later reporting or revisions may alter that.
Could anyone following a specific neighbourhood share what recent closings and transaction volume show? Area, property type, listing and closing month, and renovation condition would help. I am trying to identify whether this pattern is genuinely local rather than infer too much from a citywide January snapshot.