New York duplex snapshot — October 2025

iris_shore

Seller
Established
I’m assembling an October 2025 snapshot for New York duplexes, but the current figures need testing before they are treated as a meaningful trend: indicative time on market is 89 days, asking-price movement is -7.9%, and financing sensitivity appears around $325,000.

These are discussion inputs, not an official index. The main decision is whether the next revision should retain a New York-wide figure or split it by neighbourhood and price band. Completed-sale evidence, inventory changes, links, and clearly labelled local observations would help.
 
Before choosing the split, what does “New York” cover here—the city or the state? Also, does duplex mean a two-unit building, or are two-level apartments included? An 89-day figure could change substantially with either definition. I’d separate active listings from completed sales and state the start and end dates used for each measure.
 
I agree the sample needs defining, although I wouldn’t discard the figures while that is sorted out. They can still be directional if every monthly update uses the same method. My bigger concern is the -7.9%: is that a change in asking prices across the sample, or the average reduction on listings that cut their price? Those describe very different market behaviour. Price-band mix around $325,000 could also distort the comparison.
 
A neighbourhood split is useful only if each group has enough comparable duplexes; otherwise it may imply precision that is not there. I’d publish the broad figure first, then append any supported local observations. For the revision, include the sample definition, property-type exclusions, inventory direction, completed-sale evidence, calculation period, link where available, and the date the numbers were last revised.
 
Back
Top