The first estimate presents one cash-to-close figure for the $860,000 New York duplex, but I hesitate to rely on it because transaction costs, prorations, prepaid items and lender reserves appear to be combined.
I plan to ask for an itemized version showing buyer, seller and financing-related entries separately, including any transfer-related charge, recording expense, legal cost and annual property charge. I also need to confirm whether ownership restrictions or ongoing fees apply to this particular property rather than assuming every duplex is treated alike.
Would the sensible sequence be to establish whether it is in New York City or elsewhere in the state, decide whether I will occupy one unit or rent both, and only then compare ownership as an individual, jointly or through an entity? I want those facts settled before asking local advisers how residency, future gains and inheritance considerations affect the structure.
I plan to ask for an itemized version showing buyer, seller and financing-related entries separately, including any transfer-related charge, recording expense, legal cost and annual property charge. I also need to confirm whether ownership restrictions or ongoing fees apply to this particular property rather than assuming every duplex is treated alike.
Would the sensible sequence be to establish whether it is in New York City or elsewhere in the state, decide whether I will occupy one unit or rent both, and only then compare ownership as an individual, jointly or through an entity? I want those facts settled before asking local advisers how residency, future gains and inheritance considerations affect the structure.