I’m assessing a New York 2-bed duplex priced at $845,000, with expected rent of $6,224 per month. That produces a headline gross yield near 8.8%, but I’m more interested in durable net cash flow.
My conservative model counts only eleven months of rent and deducts management, routine maintenance, plus a reserve for one larger repair. The building appears sound, although vacancy or tenant turnover could change the result materially.
Which local expense am I most likely underestimating—property tax, insurance, repairs, or something else? I also suspect my repair reserve may be too light. What net yield would compensate you for the risk?
My conservative model counts only eleven months of rent and deducts management, routine maintenance, plus a reserve for one larger repair. The building appears sound, although vacancy or tenant turnover could change the result materially.
Which local expense am I most likely underestimating—property tax, insurance, repairs, or something else? I also suspect my repair reserve may be too light. What net yield would compensate you for the risk?