I’m building a cost checklist for a detached home in New York priced around $315,000. The first estimate covers transfer tax, legal or notary fees and registration, but it is less clear about ownership structure, recurring property charges and what happens on a later sale or inheritance.
I’m trying to decide whether to buy in my own name or consider another form of ownership. What line items should I ask a licensed local professional to price separately, and which facts about residency or ownership status could materially change the answer? I’m looking for questions and transaction experiences rather than personal legal or tax advice.
I’m trying to decide whether to buy in my own name or consider another form of ownership. What line items should I ask a licensed local professional to price separately, and which facts about residency or ownership status could materially change the answer? I’m looking for questions and transaction experiences rather than personal legal or tax advice.