Hello from New York. I’m a real estate agent, and lately I’ve been focusing on condos, transaction costs, and the gap between advertised prices and completed sales.
I joined to compare notes across markets rather than stay in a New York bubble. For those following the United States, where would you suggest a newcomer start: the local board, a particular market-data thread, or discussions comparing asking and completed prices? I’m especially interested in sources that explain their methodology clearly, and I’d also welcome pointers to useful threads on first purchases, mortgage comparisons, or legal checklists.
I joined to compare notes across markets rather than stay in a New York bubble. For those following the United States, where would you suggest a newcomer start: the local board, a particular market-data thread, or discussions comparing asking and completed prices? I’m especially interested in sources that explain their methodology clearly, and I’d also welcome pointers to useful threads on first purchases, mortgage comparisons, or legal checklists.