New here: real estate lawyer in Jakarta

jade_deals

Real estate lawyer
Established
Founding Member
I spend more time checking costs and legal risks than comparing headline property prices, so broad market summaries are not always easy to use. I am joining from Jakarta with a particular interest in warehouses, investment modelling and practical transaction checklists.

I would like to learn how members in different places track the route from an advertised figure to the amount ultimately paid, including financing, renovation and ongoing management. For Indonesia, are there local-board threads or market-data sources that would make a sensible starting point? I am interested in both warehouse purchases and leases.
 
Welcome. I’d begin with the local board, but ask a narrowly framed question rather than looking for one definitive dataset. Completed-price information can mean very different things across markets. Are you mainly interested in warehouse purchases, leases, or both? That distinction should help members point you toward relevant discussions.
 
I’d actually start with the transaction-cost side. Asking members to map every cost from an advertised figure to the final amount paid can expose differences that headline price comparisons miss. A simple template—price basis, taxes or fees, financing, renovation, and ongoing management—would also make cross-market replies easier to compare.
 
Useful idea, although mixing purchase costs and operating assumptions too early could muddy the picture. For warehouses, the property itself may not be comparable unless location, size, condition, access and occupancy status are recorded. I’d separate observed transaction facts from investment modelling, then add assumptions such as management and renovation costs afterward.
 
What time period are you trying to study? A current first-purchase question needs different material from a longer comparison of advertised and completed prices. It would also help to say whether you want public data, member-reported examples, or a method for keeping your own records when reliable completed-price figures are limited.
 
Building on that, there could be value in two parallel threads: one Indonesia-focused thread on available market data, and another cross-market thread using the same sample deal. Members could compare transaction costs, mortgage terms, legal checklists and property-management assumptions without pretending the underlying rules are identical. Any legal or tax comparison would need its jurisdiction and date stated clearly.
 
Thanks all. Purchases and leases both interest me, but I’ll narrow the first discussion to warehouse purchases and keep operating assumptions separate. I’m looking for recent public data where it exists, plus a sensible format for recording member examples without treating asking prices as completed deals. I’ll start on the local board with location, size, condition, occupancy, price basis and transaction date.
 
That scope sounds workable. I’d add one field showing whether each number is documented, reported by a participant, or merely advertised; otherwise the categories may blur later. Leave mortgage comparisons and renovation estimates for follow-up threads. Once you have a few entries in the same format, the missing fields may be as informative as the numbers themselves.
 
Back
Top