New here: developer in Rotterdam

SageGate

Developer
The condition driving my search is that any comparison should reflect real transaction costs, not just attractive apartment prices. I’m a Rotterdam developer and have joined to look beyond the Dutch market, particularly at completed sales, legal checklists and how renovation assumptions are handled elsewhere.

For Netherlands discussions, is the local board the best entry point, or is there a market-data thread that keeps asking figures and actual sale results clearly separated?
 
For a useful comparison, completed-sale evidence is the goal, but finding genuinely similar apartments is the obstacle. I would begin on the Netherlands board and look for discussions that identify location, size, condition and sale timing rather than presenting isolated figures.

Keep the purchase price, transaction expenses and renovation allowance on separate lines. As a next step, build a small table from the source records mentioned in those threads; it will show quickly whether two markets are truly comparable.
 
Are you modelling a first purchase, an investment, or development opportunities? That changes what is useful. For a first apartment, mortgage comparisons and a legal checklist may deserve attention before renovation assumptions. For an investment model, property management costs and realistic completion prices become much more important.
 
I’d slightly disagree with putting completed prices first. They are essential, but without matching location, apartment condition, size and timing, the comparison may create false precision. Begin with a small set of genuinely comparable Rotterdam apartments, record advertised and completed figures separately, and note renovation needs. Then add financing, transaction and management costs as distinct lines rather than one broad percentage.
 
Thanks, that gives me a sensible order. My immediate aim is first-purchase learning, although I also want a model that can later test investment assumptions. I’ll begin with the Netherlands board and build a Rotterdam comparison table with asking price, completed price where available, condition, timing and separate cost lines. After that I’ll work through mortgage comparisons and legal-checklist discussions before trying to estimate renovation or management costs.
 
Back
Top