New here: developer in Bogotá

RoundPebble

Developer
Established
Mixed-use property is the condition shaping most of my research at the moment. I’m a developer based in Bogotá, looking at purchase costs, property management and the difference between advertised figures and completed deals.

I joined because I want to compare how people test those assumptions in other markets rather than rely only on familiar local methods. For someone starting with the Colombia discussions, is it more useful to read the Bogotá board first, study mortgage and transaction-cost comparisons, or begin with first-purchase questions?
 
If you need to assess a purchase soon, start with the Bogotá discussions; if this is a longer-term development model, spend more time building a consistent comparison sheet. The risk is mixing the two and collecting price figures that do not answer the decision you are making.

For each example, keep the neighbourhood, property type, condition and transaction date beside the advertised and completed amounts. Then add financing, management and purchase costs. Is there a particular first acquisition under consideration, or are you testing a broader mixed-use strategy?
 
I’d actually begin with the transaction side before diving into price datasets. A clean purchase-cost and legal checklist gives you the inputs needed to interpret a completed price properly. For mixed-use property, also note whether renovation, financing and ongoing management are included in someone’s model—they’re often discussed separately.
 
The caveat is that checklists from other countries may not transfer neatly to Colombia, especially for legal steps, mortgages and taxes. They’re useful for finding questions, not copying assumptions. I’d make a simple comparison sheet with advertised price, final price where available, date, condition, intended renovation, financing terms and management costs. Then ask the Bogotá board which fields are realistically obtainable and which local discussions are still current.
 
Back
Top