sasha.dale
Property investor
Before I decide whether to offer, I need to know whether waiting for more evidence is worth the risk of losing the condo. I’m a first-time buyer looking at Brisbane properties around A$766,100 to A$1,149,000, and this one has been advertised for 17 days.
That period sounds like possible negotiating room, but it may mean little if the seller is not under pressure or if comparable stock is scarce. I am also finding that neighbourhood boundaries matter, while an empty unit, a tenanted unit and one offered with vacant possession can attract different buyers.
Where would you draw the comparison area, and how would you account for withdrawn or relisted stock? I am particularly interested in completed sales with enough campaign history to show whether the asking price changed.
That period sounds like possible negotiating room, but it may mean little if the seller is not under pressure or if comparable stock is scarce. I am also finding that neighbourhood boundaries matter, while an empty unit, a tenanted unit and one offered with vacant possession can attract different buyers.
Where would you draw the comparison area, and how would you account for withdrawn or relisted stock? I am particularly interested in completed sales with enough campaign history to show whether the asking price changed.