My constraint is that the cash left after completion must absorb several costs arriving at once. I have spent 101 days considering the purchase, and after the deposit and estimated closing costs I would retain about KES 4,515,000. The property is a 4-bed country home near Nairobi priced at roughly KES 178,000,000.
The regular mortgage payment fits my income, but moving charges, an insurance excess and an urgent inspection item could quickly overlap. Furniture can be delayed; rebuilding a depleted emergency reserve is much harder. How much would you protect for household emergencies before setting aside money for the move and essential repairs? I am also wondering whether the remaining buffer is simply too small for this purchase price, even if the monthly payment works.
The regular mortgage payment fits my income, but moving charges, an insurance excess and an urgent inspection item could quickly overlap. Furniture can be delayed; rebuilding a depleted emergency reserve is much harder. How much would you protect for household emergencies before setting aside money for the move and essential repairs? I am also wondering whether the remaining buffer is simply too small for this purchase price, even if the monthly payment works.