One detail has stopped me from taking the numbers at face value: the 1-bed is described as a “coastal home,” yet the listing places it in Mexico City. Until that is explained, I am not sure the rent estimate and the property are even being presented on the same basis.
The asking price is MX$23,490,000 and projected rent is MX$90,020 a month, which supports the broker’s headline figure of roughly 4.6% before costs. I have pencilled in gaps between tenants, management, ongoing upkeep and a separate contingency, but lease length and turnover could still move the net cash flow considerably. Which cost deserves the hardest evidence here—building charges, insurance, property tax or another recurring item—and how would financing sensitivity affect your required return?
The asking price is MX$23,490,000 and projected rent is MX$90,020 a month, which supports the broker’s headline figure of roughly 4.6% before costs. I have pencilled in gaps between tenants, management, ongoing upkeep and a separate contingency, but lease length and turnover could still move the net cash flow considerably. Which cost deserves the hardest evidence here—building charges, insurance, property tax or another recurring item—and how would financing sensitivity affect your required return?