Munich student housing: is 62 days really the current pace?

CarefulHarbor

First-time buyer
I’m tracking Munich student housing listed between €305,400 and €458,200, and the active sample is taking roughly 62 days to find a buyer. The slower outliers look connected to local supply, but I may be over-weighting properties that remain visible online. Would recent completed sales support that pace? I’d also like to separate genuine sales from withdrawn stock and understand whether price cuts are mostly happening early or late in the listing period.
 
Active listings alone will usually give you a distorted picture because the ones that sell quickly disappear while stale or withdrawn stock remains. Before treating 62 days as representative, how tightly have you drawn the neighbourhood boundaries? I’d compare like-for-like condition as well; completed units and properties needing work can behave very differently even within the same price band.
 
I wouldn’t assume local supply explains the outliers until you add new-listing volume and seller motivation. A cluster of older listings might reflect ambitious pricing rather than weak demand. Track each listing’s original price, first reduction and final status, then compare that with recent completed sales where available. Buyer financing could also extend the timeline, so “days online” and “time to completed deal” should not be treated as the same measure.
 
Back
Top