The seller’s figures suggest €8,635 a month from this 5-bed Munich duplex, but I am hesitant to treat that amount as dependable income. At a €1,196,000 purchase price it implies about 8.7% gross, although the result becomes much less comfortable once full management and a difficult year are included.
I have allowed for vacancy, ordinary maintenance and one substantial repair, but I may be understating nonrecoverable service charges or the reserve needed for building work. Financing changes also have a large effect on the cash return. Which owner-paid local cost should I verify first, and would you stress-test the existing rent differently from an agent’s projected rent? My next step is to separate every charge by who ultimately bears it before setting a minimum net return.
I have allowed for vacancy, ordinary maintenance and one substantial repair, but I may be understating nonrecoverable service charges or the reserve needed for building work. Financing changes also have a large effect on the cash return. Which owner-paid local cost should I verify first, and would you stress-test the existing rent differently from an agent’s projected rent? My next step is to separate every charge by who ultimately bears it before setting a minimum net return.