Before committing to this loan, I need to compare what it costs through the end of the three-year fixed period rather than being led by the headline rate. The quote is 2.98% on a New York purchase of roughly $915,000, but the available loan-to-value tier and fee structure make it less straightforward than the advertisement suggested.
My current plan is to total the monthly payments and all lender charges through month 36, then compare the remaining balance under each option. I also need the written terms for extra payments, an early exit and moving the loan to another property. Is that a better basis than APR if refinancing after three years is only a possibility rather than a firm plan?
My current plan is to total the monthly payments and all lender charges through month 36, then compare the remaining balance under each option. I also need the written terms for extra payments, an early exit and moving the loan to another property. Is that a better basis than APR if refinancing after three years is only a possibility rather than a firm plan?