Mortgage quote in Greece: 2.76% fixed for 10 years - first time doing this

theo_stone

Property investor
The 2.76% rate is fixed for 10 years, and that is the period I want to use for a fair comparison. The purchase price is about €754,400, but fees and the applicable loan-to-value band make the headline figures less useful.

A broker expects refinancing to be possible later, although I would prefer the mortgage to remain affordable without relying on that. Should I focus on all payments and fees during the fixed term, while also comparing the balance left after year ten? I am also checking early-repayment charges, portability, the reset terms and whether the monthly payment leaves enough room for other costs.
 
I’d compare total cash paid over the same 10-year period: monthly payments plus arrangement and other lender fees, while separately tracking how much principal remains at year ten. APR can help, but it may reflect assumptions or a term that does not match your likely holding period.

Also ask for the exact post-fix rate formula and early-repayment costs in writing. Portability matters only if the conditions are workable, so don’t assign it much value without those details. Your instinct is sound: treat refinancing as an option, not the plan.
 
Back
Top