WorthyPorch
Homeowner
The surprising part was not the apparent +3.2% movement but that the Montreal units still showed a median marketing period near 76 days. That made me question whether the price change says much about demand at all.
The advertised range is C$243,000 to C$364,500, with enough variation in condition to make a simple average unreliable. I have heard seasonality, buyer financing and overpricing offered as explanations. Rental regulation may also affect occupied units, but I cannot tell whether buyers respond with conditional or lower offers or simply leave those listings alone. Should I first compare recent completed sales and occupied versus vacant units, then narrow the analysis by neighbourhood and financing profile?
The advertised range is C$243,000 to C$364,500, with enough variation in condition to make a simple average unreliable. I have heard seasonality, buyer financing and overpricing offered as explanations. Rental regulation may also affect occupied units, but I cannot tell whether buyers respond with conditional or lower offers or simply leave those listings alone. Should I first compare recent completed sales and occupied versus vacant units, then narrow the analysis by neighbourhood and financing profile?