I can either take the 8.2% gross yield at face value, which seems too optimistic, or load the model with so many contingencies that the deal becomes impossible to judge. Neither approach feels useful.
The Montreal 3-bed duplex is priced at C$1,512,000, with expected rent of C$10,350 a month. I have included periods without a tenant, management, recurring upkeep and money for a major repair, but the building-specific tax and insurance figures are not firm yet. I also need to establish whether that rent exists under current leases or depends on turnover.
Which assumption would you stress first? I am less interested in defending a particular net yield than in seeing whether the cash flow survives higher financing costs, a vacancy and an expensive repair in the same year.
The Montreal 3-bed duplex is priced at C$1,512,000, with expected rent of C$10,350 a month. I have included periods without a tenant, management, recurring upkeep and money for a major repair, but the building-specific tax and insurance figures are not firm yet. I also need to establish whether that rent exists under current leases or depends on turnover.
Which assumption would you stress first? I am less interested in defending a particular net yield than in seeing whether the cash flow survives higher financing costs, a vacancy and an expensive repair in the same year.