The numbers still support buying a suitable small multifamily in Miami, which leaves me with a harder question: how much protection against a bad period is enough? Current prices look expensive historically, but continuing to rent and facing changing borrowing costs also carry risks.
I am looking beyond the purchase price now—cash left after closing, repairs, vacancy and the ability to carry the property when a unit produces no rent. For people who bought or held back, what concrete threshold determined the decision? I want to test the downside, not rely on a forecast or seek encouragement.
I am looking beyond the purchase price now—cash left after closing, repairs, vacancy and the ability to carry the property when a unit produces no rent. For people who bought or held back, what concrete threshold determined the decision? I want to test the downside, not rely on a forecast or seek encouragement.