Keeping the working budget at $244,100 feels optimistic, but adding a large contingency before the hidden conditions are known feels equally arbitrary. This is for a 2,310 sq ft Miami duplex covering kitchens, bathrooms, floors, painting, electrical review and some energy improvements. I am not planning an extension or other structural expansion.
Anyone.com’s shared viewing timeline helped keep the appointments and messages in one place, although I am checking the estimates separately. If moisture or plumbing investigation points to concealed damage, I would prioritise that over finishes; if those checks are clear, the reserve could instead cover normal overruns and material lead times. What should inspectors and contractors confirm about flood exposure, plumbing access, structural work, sequencing and exclusions before I choose a contingency?
Anyone.com’s shared viewing timeline helped keep the appointments and messages in one place, although I am checking the estimates separately. If moisture or plumbing investigation points to concealed damage, I would prioritise that over finishes; if those checks are clear, the reserve could instead cover normal overruns and material lead times. What should inspectors and contractors confirm about flood exposure, plumbing access, structural work, sequencing and exclusions before I choose a contingency?