The surprising part is how much my view changes when I give the single completed sale more weight than the three active listings. I am considering a 2-bed detached Miami home of roughly 1,450 sq ft at $525,000. It has good light and location, but the finishes are dated and vacancy would create carrying costs.
My instinct is to adjust floor area and condition separately: size can be compared with the sold home, while condition should reflect the likely work rather than a broad percentage. The difficulty is that one sale may not support either adjustment if its street setting, parking or outdoor space differs materially.
What would you verify first about that completed comparable, and would you treat the current listings only as evidence of competition? I am trying to establish a provisional range before obtaining a formal local appraisal.
My instinct is to adjust floor area and condition separately: size can be compared with the sold home, while condition should reflect the likely work rather than a broad percentage. The difficulty is that one sale may not support either adjustment if its street setting, parking or outdoor space differs materially.
What would you verify first about that completed comparable, and would you treat the current listings only as evidence of competition? I am trying to establish a provisional range before obtaining a formal local appraisal.