Mexico City small multifamily: November 2025 shift or seasonal noise?

mapTheSignal

First-time buyer
I’m tracking Mexico City small multifamily inventory for November 2025 and the mix seems to be changing. Well-presented smaller properties appear to move in roughly 51 days, while those needing work remain available longer. Yet the visible gap between asking prices and completed deals is only about 0.3%.

Does that point to more selective buyers, or is it seasonal noise? Completed-sale data is much harder to find than asking data. I’d especially value observations tied to particular neighbourhoods, plus the number and timing of transactions behind them.
 
A 0.3% gap is so narrow that I’d first question whether the asking and sold records are truly comparable. The final asking price may already include reductions, while the 51-day figure could be based only on properties that sold. Before calling it a buyer-selectivity trend, compare transaction volume and the number of listings in each condition group.
 
I’m not convinced seasonality is the main explanation. Condition can change the buyer pool even when the headline discount barely moves. But what exactly does 0.3% measure: original asking versus completion price, or last advertised price versus completion? Also, is 51 days a citywide median or an average from a few neighbourhoods?
 
One more complication: November 2025 completions may reflect negotiations started earlier, while current listings show a later market. I’d separate listings by neighbourhood and condition, match sold properties to their revision history, and note when each price was recorded. If the pattern survives that and transaction counts are adequate, selectivity becomes a stronger explanation; otherwise the apparent shift may just be sample composition.
 
Back
Top