Mexico City monthly property snapshot — March 2026

selma_rain

Market analyst
Market Reporter
I’m assembling a March 2026 community snapshot for Mexico City, focused on country homes. The current indications are 62 days on market, asking-price movement of +4.7%, and visible financing sensitivity around MX$20,340,000. These are discussion inputs, not an official index.

The decision is whether these figures are solid enough to retain in the monthly summary. Please flag the sample definition, comparison period for the 4.7%, completed-sale evidence, inventory changes and neighbourhood differences. Links or clearly labelled on-the-ground observations are welcome.
 
I would not treat the three figures as a coherent market signal yet. “Country homes” needs a precise boundary, especially in a Mexico City report, and +4.7% means little without the earlier period and a consistent property mix. Is the 62-day figure measured from first listing to removal, agreement or completed sale?
 
That is the main weakness. I don’t yet have enough detail to answer those sample and timing questions consistently, so I’ll keep the numbers labelled as indicative rather than imply a defined index. For the next revision, I’ll separate the date observed, comparison period, geography, property type and what event ends the time-on-market count.
 
A neighbourhood split should come before any citywide conclusion. Country-style properties at the urban edge are not interchangeable with houses in denser parts of Mexico City, even when asking prices overlap. I’d also show listing counts within each split; otherwise a change in which homes entered the sample could produce the apparent 4.7% movement.
 
I partly disagree that completed sales must come first. They can confirm direction, but they may describe an earlier market than the March listings. For a monthly snapshot, asking data can still be useful if revisions and withdrawals are tracked. The problem here is not that the figures are asking-based; it is that the baseline and subsequent revisions are not yet visible.
 
A simple contribution format might solve much of this: neighbourhood, broad property type, asking or completed price, first-seen date, latest-seen date, status, and observation date. Keep MX$20,340,000 as a price-band marker rather than a universal financing threshold unless several comparable observations support it. Duplicate or relisted properties should also be identified where possible.
 
Price-band mix may be as important as inventory volume. If March contains a larger share of expensive country homes, both the average asking movement and financing sensitivity could shift without comparable properties becoming dearer. I’d publish the 62 days and +4.7% only alongside the unresolved definitions, then revise the summary when neighbourhood-level listing counts or completed-sale evidence are added.
 
Back
Top