The easy conclusion is that condition explains the pattern, but I’m hesitant to stop there. I’ve been following a narrow set of Seoul warehouses priced from ₩375,400,000 to ₩563,000,000, rather than using a citywide average. In May 2026, the active marketing period is around 114 days.
Updated warehouses are leaving the market sooner, while units needing work remain available long enough for later price reductions. That could simply reflect individual buildings and ambitious sellers. It could also mean that insurance, energy performance or buyer financing is making renovation risk harder to absorb.
What would distinguish those explanations? I’m particularly interested in recent completed prices, when reductions occurred, and whether the 114-day figure covers current listings, completed deals or both.
Updated warehouses are leaving the market sooner, while units needing work remain available long enough for later price reductions. That could simply reflect individual buildings and ambitious sellers. It could also mean that insurance, energy performance or buyer financing is making renovation risk harder to absorb.
What would distinguish those explanations? I’m particularly interested in recent completed prices, when reductions occurred, and whether the 114-day figure covers current listings, completed deals or both.