Marrakech retail listings: is condition really driving time on market?

nico.drew

Homeowner
I’m sense-checking a Marrakech sample priced from MAD 5,465,000 to MAD 8,197,000, mostly retail units. The typical listing has remained visible for 68 days.

My working theory is that condition explains much of the split: renovated premises seem to move quickly, while units needing maintenance sit and eventually get price cuts. Does that match the street-level picture? I’d particularly like to know whether removed listings are completing or simply being withdrawn and relisted.
 
Condition may matter, but 68 days of listing visibility cannot tell you what sold. A unit can disappear because the seller withdrew it, changed agent or reposted it. I’d separate completed sales, withdrawn adverts and genuine price reductions before drawing the maintenance conclusion.
 
What changed my view was the suggestion that the renovated units may also be the smaller, easier purchases. If so, condition could appear to explain the shorter marketing period when usable area, asking price or buyer financing is doing much of the work.

I would narrow the comparison to the same micro-location, because retail frontage, pedestrian traffic and access can vary sharply within one broad Marrakech district. Then compare similar-sized premises on price per usable area, condition and the full 68-day listing history. That should also help separate completed sales from adverts that vanished and later returned under another agent.
 
I’d push back on renovation as the main explanation until seller motivation is included. A well-presented unit can still sit if the asking price is firm, while tired stock may move when the owner accepts a realistic offer.

For the next pass, record first-seen date, every price change, condition, exact micro-location and whether a vanished advert reappears. Then ask agents for recent completed-sale examples rather than relying on active and removed listings alone.
 
Back
Top