The small sample is the main problem. I am tracking San Francisco villas for March 2025, but only within a $560,000 to $840,000 band around a $700,000 target, so a citywide average would not answer the question.
Properties in this group are being marketed for about 87 days. I cannot tell whether that reflects a changing segment or simply differences in neighbourhood, condition and rental restrictions among a handful of homes. Financing problems could also prolong listings without indicating that sellers are ready to reduce prices.
Would completed transactions be the best starting point, followed by listing withdrawals and when reductions occur? I am trying to identify evidence that separates buyer-side funding trouble from seller patience before treating the marketing period as a trend.
Properties in this group are being marketed for about 87 days. I cannot tell whether that reflects a changing segment or simply differences in neighbourhood, condition and rental restrictions among a handful of homes. Financing problems could also prolong listings without indicating that sellers are ready to reduce prices.
Would completed transactions be the best starting point, followed by listing withdrawals and when reductions occur? I am trying to identify evidence that separates buyer-side funding trouble from seller patience before treating the marketing period as a trend.