Manila’s February 2026 inventory shift: signal or seasonal noise?

I’m tracking Manila property listings from February 2026 and trying to decide whether to adjust my expectations or wait for more evidence. Well-presented studios appear to be moving in about 72 days, while properties needing work remain available longer. I’m also seeing a roughly 2.3% gap between asking prices and completed deals.

Does this suggest buyers are becoming more selective, or could it just be seasonal noise? It would help to know the number and location of transactions behind any comparison, particularly whether “Manila” means the city itself or the wider metro area. School catchment may matter for family properties, but I’m not sure it explains the studio pattern.
 
One month is too narrow to establish a shift. The 2.3% figure could also be misleading if February asking prices are being compared with deals agreed weeks or months earlier. I’d want matched properties and transaction volume before calling it a buyer-selectivity trend.
 
How many studios produced the 72-day figure, and what does “moving” mean here: listing removed, offer accepted, or transaction completed? Those dates can tell different stories. A few quick sales in one neighbourhood could pull a small sample around quite sharply.
 
Also, were relisted units treated as new listings? If the clock restarts after a price change or agent switch, the apparent marketing period may understate how long some properties have really been available.
 
I wouldn’t combine studios with the school-catchment question. Catchment could influence larger family homes, while studios may respond more to building condition, monthly costs, location and presentation. If the mix of neighbourhoods or buildings changed in February, that alone could create the pattern without a citywide change in buyer behaviour.
 
A simple comparison table would help: neighbourhood, building, unit size, condition, original ask, latest ask, completed price, first-listing date and completion date. Then add the number of deals in each group. Without that, 2.3% looks precise but may be comparing unlike inventory.
 
True, but I wouldn’t dismiss the 72 days entirely. Even with a modest sample, a consistent difference between renovated and work-needed units could be useful. The cleaner test is within the same building or very similar nearby buildings, so location and building quality are not doing all the work.
 
Agreed on matched buildings, although condition still needs careful treatment. “Needs work” may overlap with older layouts, poorer views or higher ongoing costs. I’d also avoid linking February movement to policy timing unless the relevant announcement and deal dates line up; completion data may reflect decisions made much earlier.
 
Keep the original February extract rather than overwriting it when listings or completed prices are revised. A revision history would show whether the 2.3% gap survives later updates. Comparing February with several adjacent months would also reduce the risk of treating seasonal noise as a new direction.
 
So the practical next step is to split City of Manila from the wider metro area, separate studios from family properties, verify the sample size and transaction volume, and compare original asking prices with genuinely matched completed deals. Until then, I’d treat 72 days and 2.3% as observations worth monitoring, not yet evidence of a broad market shift.
 
Back
Top