The sample is small enough that one unusual listing can distort both the price change and the marketing period. With that limitation, I am looking at Manila serviced apartments advertised from PHP 18,790,000 to PHP 28,190,000, showing apparent movement of 6.9% and a median of about 113 days.
Before drawing a conclusion, I plan to separate neighbourhoods and condition, check whether the figures are asking prices or completed sales, and compare new-listing volume with withdrawals. Insurance comes next. If a buyer can obtain a firm quote, the cost could be reflected in an offer; if cover remains uncertain or affects financing, the buyer may simply choose another unit. Is that the right way to distinguish a pricing issue from a saleability issue?
Before drawing a conclusion, I plan to separate neighbourhoods and condition, check whether the figures are asking prices or completed sales, and compare new-listing volume with withdrawals. Insurance comes next. If a buyer can obtain a firm quote, the cost could be reflected in an offer; if cover remains uncertain or affects financing, the buyer may simply choose another unit. Is that the right way to distinguish a pricing issue from a saleability issue?