CandidTable
Homeowner
Part of me wants to treat the higher charges as a short-lived correction; the more conservative view is that they are the new baseline. I am assessing a three-bedroom apartment in Manila, and although the price is manageable, the latest master-insurance and reserve costs leave very little advantage over continuing to rent.
The decision is due soon, so I am checking the policy exclusions, loss-assessment cover and whether the reserve increase has a defined purpose or end date. If it is a documented catch-up, I could model a later reduction. If not, should I value the apartment using today’s charge and also allow for another rise, particularly if vacancy or weaker tenant demand would make those costs harder to carry?
The decision is due soon, so I am checking the policy exclusions, loss-assessment cover and whether the reserve increase has a defined purpose or end date. If it is a documented catch-up, I could model a later reduction. If not, should I value the apartment using today’s charge and also allow for another rise, particularly if vacancy or weaker tenant demand would make those costs harder to carry?