writesAndCedar
Property investor
The €216 monthly gap looks attractive, but losing a reliable tenant could make it illusory. Comparable Madrid studios are advertised near €1,839, while this tenant pays roughly €1,623 and looks after the place well.
A short vacancy, preparation between tenancies and even one modest repair could absorb much of the extra income. I therefore want to compare the net benefit of several smaller increases rather than assume the asking figure is the correct target. The contract, notice requirements and timing of the last review may change the answer entirely.
What costs and vacancy period would you put into that comparison? I would also welcome views on how to explain a measured increase fairly without making the tenant feel that reliability counts for nothing.
A short vacancy, preparation between tenancies and even one modest repair could absorb much of the extra income. I therefore want to compare the net benefit of several smaller increases rather than assume the asking figure is the correct target. The contract, notice requirements and timing of the last review may change the answer entirely.
What costs and vacancy period would you put into that comparison? I would also welcome views on how to explain a measured increase fairly without making the tenant feel that reliability counts for nothing.