Madrid monthly property snapshot — January 2026

BoldHorizon

Homeowner
If these figures are presented without their scope and revision dates, the January 2026 summary could imply a level of certainty the sample does not support. I am assembling a Madrid snapshot for mixed-use buildings, with current indications of 11 days on market, asking-price movement of +6.5%, and sensitivity to financing around €772,800.

For now, I am treating each number as provisional. Before retaining them, I need to know how market time was defined, which property types and neighbourhoods were included, and whether inventory changed during the collection period. Completed transactions would be preferable to asking-price evidence. Where a source is available, please include its link, publication or revision date; otherwise, label the contribution as a local observation rather than market-wide data.
 
Before retaining 11 days, what exactly is in the sample? Is that time until an offer, removal from advertising or completion? Relisted properties could also make the figure look shorter. We need to know whether it covers all Madrid mixed-use listings or only a particular price band and set of neighbourhoods.
 
The +6.5% needs a comparison period too: monthly, annual or against the sample’s first asking prices? Asking-price movement and completed-sale movement can diverge, so I would not combine them in one headline. It would also help to state when the underlying listings were collected and whether later revisions are expected.
 
Agreed on the missing definition. I’d add a neighbourhood split, but not so finely that tiny groups become misleading. The property-type mix matters just as much: a mixed-use building with substantial commercial space should not automatically be treated as comparable with one that is predominantly residential. Price-band counts alongside each result would expose changes in the mix.
 
I’m also unsure what “financing sensitivity” means here. Does €772,800 mark a concentration of listings, a point where transactions slow, or simply an observation about buyer responses? Until that is defined, it may be safer to describe it as a question for investigation rather than a finding.

A compact evidence table could include neighbourhood, property mix, asking price, completed price where known, first-listing date, status date, revision date and link. That would make disagreements about the three headline figures easier to trace.
 
I’d go further: keep the figures visible for discussion, but remove “monthly snapshot” language from the conclusions until the sample and comparison period are supplied. Otherwise 11 days and +6.5% look more authoritative than intended. Completed sales may arrive later, so an asking-side update could be published first, clearly separated from any eventual transaction evidence.
 
Back
Top