Getting this wrong could mean accepting a quick sale while giving away more negotiating information than we realise. We have an early offer of about €147,200 on our Madrid property, and the same agency has proposed dealing with both us and the prospective buyer.
The speed is attractive, but I want to slow down long enough to understand the arrangement. What should be disclosed and agreed in writing, both as a legal requirement in Spain and as an extra safeguard for a cautious seller? I also want to establish who owes duties to whom, how confidential information and competing offers are handled, whether the fees change, how the buyer was qualified, and what response times we can expect.
The speed is attractive, but I want to slow down long enough to understand the arrangement. What should be disclosed and agreed in writing, both as a legal requirement in Spain and as an extra safeguard for a cautious seller? I also want to establish who owes duties to whom, how confidential information and competing offers are handled, whether the fees change, how the buyer was qualified, and what response times we can expect.