I want to complete with enough cash left that moving in does not turn every repair into an immediate crisis. The obstacle is that, after the deposit and estimated closing costs, I would retain only about MAD 356,400 on a roughly MAD 14,110,000 purchase.
This would be my first home, a 5-bed coastal property in Marrakech. The inspection contains many findings, but I cannot yet tell which require prompt spending and which can be dealt with during the first year.
How would you prioritise the remaining money between a reserve, moving costs, essential work, the insurance excess and basic furniture? Furnishing all five bedrooms can wait, but I am unsure what level of cash buffer would make buying below my maximum the better choice.
This would be my first home, a 5-bed coastal property in Marrakech. The inspection contains many findings, but I cannot yet tell which require prompt spending and which can be dealt with during the first year.
How would you prioritise the remaining money between a reserve, moving costs, essential work, the insurance excess and basic furniture? Furnishing all five bedrooms can wait, but I am unsure what level of cash buffer would make buying below my maximum the better choice.