Lyon listings: the headline and the street-level picture

otis.elm

Buyer
Established
The citywide average is not helping with the two Lyon neighbourhoods we are considering. My sample runs from €699,200 to €1,049,000, consists mostly of warehouses, and the typical listing has been visible for 88 days.

Some disappear quickly while others sit, and I wondered whether rental regulation was contributing. Before drawing that conclusion, I would like to compare recent completed sales, withdrawn listings and the timing of price cuts. Are neighbourhood boundaries, condition or financing more likely to explain the split?
 
I would not put rental regulation first without knowing the intended use of these warehouses. Condition and conversion potential could make apparently similar listings appeal to completely different buyers, while financing may also narrow the pool.

Track new listings separately from reductions and withdrawals; a vanished advert is not necessarily a completed sale. I would also map each property by street rather than neighbourhood label, then ask agents for recent comparable completions and whether each seller has a deadline. How many of the 88-day listings have already had a price cut?
 
Back
Top