Before I settle on a format for recording deals, I need to choose where to begin. Starting with broad market data makes comparison easier, but beginning with Los Angeles may give me a more accurate picture of local listing practices and transaction costs.
I invest in property and am mainly researching apartments, the difference between advertised and completed prices, and how renovation assumptions affect a deal. My aim is to build a record that can later be compared across markets without treating the United States as one uniform market.
Would the local board be the best first stop, or should I begin with a market-data or investment-modelling discussion? I am looking for a practical structure for recording comparable sales, costs and renovation allowances.
I invest in property and am mainly researching apartments, the difference between advertised and completed prices, and how renovation assumptions affect a deal. My aim is to build a record that can later be compared across markets without treating the United States as one uniform market.
Would the local board be the best first stop, or should I begin with a market-data or investment-modelling discussion? I am looking for a practical structure for recording comparable sales, costs and renovation allowances.