I have checked the basic rent calculation and allowed for empty periods, management, routine upkeep and a larger repair, but the shared-building costs remain unclear. The apartment is a 2-bed in Los Angeles at $230,000, with expected rent of $1,250 a month. That produces $15,000 annually, or roughly 6.5% gross.
The building appears sound and tenant demand seems credible. My concern is whether association charges, insurance, taxes or weak shared reserves would remove most of the margin. Which local expense deserves the closest verification, and what net return before financing would justify the exposure? I also plan to test the figures against higher borrowing costs rather than relying on one financing case.
The building appears sound and tenant demand seems credible. My concern is whether association charges, insurance, taxes or weak shared reserves would remove most of the margin. Which local expense deserves the closest verification, and what net return before financing would justify the exposure? I also plan to test the figures against higher borrowing costs rather than relying on one financing case.