freya.cedar
Buyer
A decision on further enquiries is approaching for a London serviced apartment priced at about £175,500. Spending more now is unattractive, but missing a restriction tied to ownership or the operator would be much harder to remedy after purchase.
I intend to ask a local solicitor or conveyancer to itemise the purchase tax, professional charges, registration costs and disbursements. Separately, what should a tax adviser be asked about residence status, capital-gains treatment on a later sale and inheritance?
The ownership documents also need checking for limits on personal occupation, independent letting and resale. I will request the annual service and management figures, but I am concerned about costs outside those quotations, such as utilities, insurance, furnishing replacement, internal repairs or operator charges. Is there another material item I should identify before paying for the next stage?
I intend to ask a local solicitor or conveyancer to itemise the purchase tax, professional charges, registration costs and disbursements. Separately, what should a tax adviser be asked about residence status, capital-gains treatment on a later sale and inheritance?
The ownership documents also need checking for limits on personal occupation, independent letting and resale. I will request the annual service and management figures, but I am concerned about costs outside those quotations, such as utilities, insurance, furnishing replacement, internal repairs or operator charges. Is there another material item I should identify before paying for the next stage?