The 9% quote looked manageable until I added the letting and maintenance-coordination charges. With those included, moving away from London would leave me with professional oversight but almost no monthly surplus.
I am not convinced that thin cash flow automatically means I should sell, particularly if it reduces the risk of handling problems remotely. Before choosing, I plan to rerun the figures with financing costs, insurance, a realistic vacancy allowance and every manager fee included. I also need to know what happens after one empty period or a substantial repair. At what point would that limited margin make you sell rather than keep the property under management?
I am not convinced that thin cash flow automatically means I should sell, particularly if it reduces the risk of handling problems remotely. Before choosing, I plan to rerun the figures with financing costs, insurance, a realistic vacancy allowance and every manager fee included. I also need to know what happens after one empty period or a substantial repair. At what point would that limited margin make you sell rather than keep the property under management?