London mixed-use listings: is 33 days really the current pace?

jade_details

Property investor
Established
I’m looking at London mixed-use buildings listed between £639,600 and £959,400. My current sample suggests roughly 33 days to find a buyer, with the slower outliers apparently linked to financing costs.

Would recent completed sales support that picture, or am I giving too much weight to properties still advertised? I’m also wondering how to treat withdrawn listings and price cuts when judging the market this month.
 
Completed sales will help, but they describe an earlier market because completion comes after the buyer was found. I’d separate three groups: under offer, completed, and withdrawn. Otherwise a withdrawal can disappear from the sample while a completion looks more current than the underlying negotiation really was. Also track the original listing date rather than the latest relisting date.
 
If the area is drawn too broadly, the 33-day figure could lead you to expect the wrong pace from a particular building. Refurbished mixed-use stock in one London neighbourhood may face a different buyer pool from a property needing substantial work elsewhere, even within the same price band.

I’d divide the sample by a few tighter locations and by condition before deciding whether the outliers matter. First, though, clarify the endpoint: is 33 days measured from the original listing to an offer being agreed, or all the way through to completion?
 
It’s first listed to an apparent buyer being found, not completion. I kept relisted properties tied to their earliest visible date, although withdrawn stock is the weak point because its outcome is unclear. The neighbourhood spread may indeed be too wide, and I haven’t separated refurbished buildings from those needing work. I’ll split those before treating 33 days as representative.
 
I wouldn’t assume financing explains most outliers yet. Seller motivation and price-cut timing could produce the same pattern: an ambitious seller waits, reduces later, then agrees a deal quickly. Record days to first reduction and days from reduction to offer. If the latter is short, initial pricing may matter more than financing.
 
New-listing volume matters too. Thirty-three days can look encouraging if few suitable properties entered the market, but less so if many comparable listings arrived and only a small share found buyers. A useful next step would be a simple table by neighbourhood and condition showing new listings, offers, withdrawals, completions, and price cuts. Keep the completed-sales comparison, but use it as a delayed cross-check rather than a direct measure of this month.
 
Back
Top