London inventory shifted in November 2025 — what are you seeing?

askTheSlate

Homeowner
I’m tracking the London property market for November 2025 and the mix appears to be changing. Well-presented homes in the data’s “coastal” category are moving in roughly 44 days, while properties needing work sit longer. What I cannot reconcile is asking prices against completed deals: the visible gap is close to 10.0%.

Is this seasonal noise, a change in transaction volume, or buyers becoming more selective? I’d especially value completed-sale evidence or direct neighbourhood observations rather than London-wide headlines. Also, has anyone established what this dataset means by “coastal” within London?
 
Before treating 10.0% as a market discount, make sure the two prices belong to the same homes. Current asking prices compared with older completed transactions can produce an impressive-looking gap that is mostly timing and property mix. The 44 days also needs a definition: listed to offer agreed, withdrawal, or legal completion? Those are very different measures.
 
That’s fair. The “coastal” wording is the category used in the material I’m following, not my description, and its meaning is one reason I’m hesitant about the conclusion. I also don’t yet have confirmation of what event ends the 44-day count.

I’ll narrow this to matched properties where possible and separate original ask, latest ask and completed price. What minimum sample would people consider useful at neighbourhood level?
 
There isn’t a magic minimum without knowing how varied the properties are. Ten near-identical flats in one development may tell you more than dozens of unrelated London homes. Split by property type, condition and a tight area first. If the sample then becomes tiny, report the individual outcomes rather than presenting 10.0% as a stable neighbourhood figure.
 
Before using the 10.0% gap to guide an offer, I would want to know what happened to the listings that never completed. Matching original asks to sold prices captures successful deals, but it leaves out homes that were reduced several times, withdrawn or left available.

Those outcomes affect the choice facing buyers in November just as much as completed sales do. Otherwise, the matched sample could look healthier simply because the unsuccessful listings have vanished from it.
 
A useful companion table would therefore track each November listing as sold, reduced, withdrawn or still available, without pretending those outcomes are equivalent. Keep days on market beside condition and asking-price changes. That would show whether homes needing work are genuinely slower or simply launched at less realistic prices.
 
Policy timing could also distort a single month even without a lasting shift in buyer preferences. Expectations about tax, lending or wider policy can delay instructions and offers. I wouldn’t assign a cause unless the dates of listings, accepted offers and completions line up with the event being considered. November alone is too narrow for that.
 
Also preserve each data pull. Listing records can be edited after reductions or relisting, so a later snapshot may not reproduce what was visible in November 2025. If the apparent 10.0% gap changes when completed prices arrive or records are revised, that history matters more than the first headline number.
 
Seasonality is the simpler explanation I’d test first, but London-wide comparison still won’t be enough. Compare November with the same neighbourhood and property type in nearby months and, if available, earlier Novembers. A waterside flat, an outer-London family house and a renovation project do not share one market merely because all have a London address.
 
The practical conclusion seems to be that there are two separate questions: whether buyers paid around 10.0% below a comparable asking price, and whether November inventory became harder to sell. For the first, use matched original and final asks against eventual completions. For the second, include reductions, withdrawals and unsold stock. Until “coastal” and “44 days” are defined, I’d present the current figures as observations, not a London trend.
 
Back
Top