Lisbon country homes: testing the December 2024 snapshot

fair_bridge

First-time buyer
Established
I’m assembling a December 2024 Lisbon snapshot focused on country homes and need to decide whether the current sample is coherent enough to keep. It indicates 109 days on market, asking-price movement of -0.4%, and visible financing sensitivity around €556,600.

This is not an official index. The main gaps are completed-sale evidence, inventory movement and neighbourhood differences. Please also flag how “country home” and Lisbon are defined, since property-type or price-band mix could distort all three figures. I’ll revise the summary where members provide a source link or clearly label an on-the-ground observation.
 
The sample definition comes first. Does Lisbon mean the municipality, the wider district, or properties marketed as within reach of the city? “Country home” also needs boundaries. A detached house with land and a village townhouse may behave very differently.

For the 109 days, please say whether counting starts at first listing and how relisted properties are treated. Otherwise that figure is hard to compare.
 
I’d be cautious about reading much into -0.4% until the price-band mix is shown. A few more listings above or below €556,600 could move the aggregate without individual sellers changing their expectations much.

Completed sales would help, but label their completion period separately from the December listing snapshot. I’d also like opening and closing inventory counts, plus the date each figure was retrieved or revised.
 
I agree on clearer definitions, but I wouldn’t split into many neighbourhoods immediately if that leaves tiny groups. Start with a simple table: area included, property type, price band, listing count if available, asking-price change and days on market. Then add neighbourhood rows only where the underlying sample supports them. Keep the original December 2024 figures visible beside any revision, with dated source links, so later changes don’t overwrite the initial snapshot.
 
Back
Top