I would like the Lisbon apartment to work as a sensible alternative to renting, but the building costs are getting in the way. Both the master insurance and reserve contributions have increased enough that the monthly association bill changes the calculation.
I am unsure whether to underwrite the apartment using today’s higher figures or regard some of the rise as short-term catch-up funding. I’m checking the insurance exclusions and cover for charges following a loss, but I also wonder how persistent costs would affect management effort and resale liquidity. Has anyone dealt with a similar building budget, and what explained the increase?
I am unsure whether to underwrite the apartment using today’s higher figures or regard some of the rise as short-term catch-up funding. I’m checking the insurance exclusions and cover for charges following a loss, but I also wonder how persistent costs would affect management effort and resale liquidity. Has anyone dealt with a similar building budget, and what explained the increase?