Lima small multifamily listings diverging after roughly 73 days

RueDrew

First-time buyer
Established
I’ve already separated out a small group of Lima multifamily properties, but I still cannot tell whether condition explains the whole pattern. The March 2025 asking prices run from PEN 2,310,000 to PEN 3,465,000, and the listings have been marketed for about 73 days.

Some are clearly more difficult purchases than others, yet I’m reluctant to treat the divergence as harmless. If buyer financing is weakening, the first evidence may appear in delayed reductions and growing new supply before it reaches completed-sale figures.

Which would you watch most closely here: when sellers first reduce, whether fresh listings accumulate, or the financing position of interested buyers?
 
I would assume property-level variation until completed sales show otherwise. Active listings reveal sellers’ hopes, while withdrawn stock can disappear without establishing a market price. Compare recent completed sales, the timing of any price cuts, and whether new-listing volume is building. If only poorly maintained properties are lingering, that is not yet evidence of a wider shift.
 
Seventy-three days becomes useful only after location and condition are defined consistently. Which Lima neighbourhoods are included, and are any of them serving noticeably different buyer groups?

I’d also split cosmetic updating from work that is costly or disruptive. Rather than discard the whole comparison, keep the current group for context and create a smaller matched set of properties in similar areas with similar repair needs. If those still behave differently, the timing of cuts and financing questions will carry more weight.
 
That said, I would not dismiss the 73 days completely. If similar-condition properties in the same neighbourhood are all reaching that point before sellers cut prices, buyer financing or seller expectations may be the shared issue. The key is whether the divergence remains after you control for location and condition.
 
Build a simple property-by-property timeline: original asking price, cuts, days advertised, condition, neighbourhood, withdrawn or completed, and any known financing constraint. Then contact the listing side with neutral questions about seller motivation and whether terms changed. A small sample will not prove a Lima-wide turn, but it can show whether the slower listings share one practical obstacle.
 
Back
Top