Lima retail property snapshot — May 2025

ember.keen

Seller
Established
A citywide summary would be convenient, but I’m not yet comfortable using one from this sample. For Lima retail property in May 2025, it currently shows 101 days on market, a 7.8% fall in advertised prices and apparent financing sensitivity near PEN 2,756,000.

I would first split the figures by neighbourhood, price band and property type, then check whether inventory composition changed during the month. If those groups remain reasonably consistent, a qualified Lima summary may be useful; if not, I’ll publish the segments separately. Completed transactions, source links and the date each figure was revised would help with that check.
 
I would not present this as citywide yet. A shift in the mix of neighbourhoods, unit sizes or price bands could produce the -7.8% movement without comparable units actually becoming cheaper. The 101-day figure also needs a definition: active listings only, or units removed during May as well?
 
Also, what does “financing sensitivity” mean here—more price reductions near PEN 2,756,000, longer marketing periods, or simply fewer listings above that level? Those are different signals. Completed prices would be the strongest addition, but even an inventory count by neighbourhood and price band would show whether the sample mix changed.
 
Agreed on separating those points, though I would not discard the snapshot while waiting for completed-sale data. Keep it as an indicative listing measure, publish the sample definition and revision date, then split time on market and asking-price movement by neighbourhood, price band and retail subtype. If financing sensitivity cannot be tied to a defined observation, label it as tentative rather than treating PEN 2,756,000 as a firm threshold.
 
Back
Top