The 4.1% headline yield is what makes this Lagos property worth examining, but it leaves little obvious margin for mistakes. The asking price is NGN 1,589,000,000 for a 2-bed coastal home, with projected rent of NGN 5,468,000 a month.
My calculation uses eleven occupied months and allows for management, ordinary upkeep and a separate fund for major repairs. I have not yet pinned down the actual insurance terms, estate or building charges, likely tenant turnover costs, or the full transaction expenses. The building looks sound, though that does not answer how coastal exposure affects cover or future premiums.
Which of those figures would most change your view of the purchase? I’m particularly interested in whether the quoted rent is supported by completed lettings and whether management fees increase when a tenant leaves.
My calculation uses eleven occupied months and allows for management, ordinary upkeep and a separate fund for major repairs. I have not yet pinned down the actual insurance terms, estate or building charges, likely tenant turnover costs, or the full transaction expenses. The building looks sound, though that does not answer how coastal exposure affects cover or future premiums.
Which of those figures would most change your view of the purchase? I’m particularly interested in whether the quoted rent is supported by completed lettings and whether management fees increase when a tenant leaves.