Kuala Lumpur newcomer comparing warehouse asking and completed prices

WideRoof

Property investor
Established
I’d like to build a property investment model that works beyond one local market, but I’m still working out which Malaysian information is dependable. Hello from Kuala Lumpur. Warehouses are taking up most of my research time, particularly purchase costs and the difference between sellers’ expectations and recorded transactions.

Should I begin in the Malaysia board and develop the model from local discussions, or create a full cost checklist first and use it to judge each source? I’d also welcome pointers to useful threads on mortgage comparisons and first-purchase questions.
 
Welcome. I’d start with the local board, then search separately for warehouse transactions and purchase costs. Broad property discussions can blur together very different segments.

It would help to know how narrowly you’re looking: Kuala Lumpur itself, the wider surrounding market, or Malaysia generally? Also, are you preparing for a purchase or mainly building a model for now?
 
I’d actually build the model before choosing a dataset. A completed price alone can look precise while leaving out financing, vacancy, management, repairs or renovation, and transaction expenses. Put each cost on its own line, mark unknowns rather than guessing, and then test whatever market data you find against that structure.
 
Warehouses also resist simple asking-versus-completed comparisons. Two listings with similar floor area may differ materially in condition, access, power provision, tenancy status or permitted use. Narrow the location and property characteristics first; otherwise the apparent discount may not mean much. Any legal or transaction-cost checklist should be confirmed for the relevant Malaysian jurisdiction and the specific deal.
 
A useful next step would be to post one anonymised example on the local board: general location, asking price, size, vacant or tenanted, condition, and the completed-price evidence you think is comparable. Members can then challenge the assumptions rather than recommend data in the abstract. Keep mortgage comparisons and legal questions in separate threads so each discussion stays readable.
 
Back
Top