Keeping the Vienna property would mean paying someone else to handle it; selling at around €492,200 would mean giving up an asset I may still want to hold. Neither option feels especially comfortable while I am planning to move away.
The management quote is roughly 10% of the rental income, with separate charges when a tenant is found or repair work has to be organised. That leaves little monthly cash after the regular costs, even before vacancy, major maintenance and property tax are properly allowed for.
I can see a case for accepting weak cash flow if the property is paying down debt or has a strong long-term purpose. But if an ordinary bad year requires me to contribute cash from elsewhere, selling may be cleaner. Which annual costs would you put into a keep-versus-sell calculation, and how much negative cash flow would make you stop holding?
The management quote is roughly 10% of the rental income, with separate charges when a tenant is found or repair work has to be organised. That leaves little monthly cash after the regular costs, even before vacancy, major maintenance and property tax are properly allowed for.
I can see a case for accepting weak cash flow if the property is paying down debt or has a strong long-term purpose. But if an ordinary bad year requires me to contribute cash from elsewhere, selling may be cleaner. Which annual costs would you put into a keep-versus-sell calculation, and how much negative cash flow would make you stop holding?